Distributed Control Systems
Complementing its process control capabilities, Industrial Technology Systems Ltd (ITS) also offers expertise in Distributed Control Systems (DCS), designed to monitor and control distributed equipment across large, dynamic manufacturing and processing sites.
ITS’ DCS experience ranges from the reprogramming of small numbers of control loops, through to the design and implementation of entire control strategies, from the early stages of design through to implementation. ITS designs and implements a range of DCS systems including the ABB 800xA, Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell PlantPax and Siemens PCS 7 DCS systems, amongst others.
ITS provides a wide range of DCS services including the following:
- Performing FEED and feasibility studies
- Writing detailed design specifications for new and replacement DCS systems
- DCS system recommendations
- Design, installation and commissioning of DCS systems
- Reverse engineering services for legacy systems
- Legacy system support and migration
- Process safety and process fire and gas (F&G) systems to IEC 61508, IEC 61511 and IEC 61513
- Provision of DCS engineers for a day, week, year etc.
- DCS system modifications
- Project management
- DCS consultancy and support
- Service level agreements / 24/7 call-out support
ITS also has experience in designing, building and testing DCS process safety applications. We have engineers who have attended and passed the TUV safety-related certification course. As an active member of The IEC 61508 Association, we are committed to the standards governing safety system development and actively working with the legacy systems working group within the association.