The emphasis on harnessing energy forms that replace the earth’s depleting natural resources has become more urgent in recent years, driven by concerns over energy security, escalating oil prices and climate change.
The focus is firmly on renewable energy forms that naturally replenish: wind (onshore and offshore), hydro, wave, tidal, geothermal, solar and biomass, and because they are sustainable, these desirable commodities have triggered a fast-developing industry sector.
By increasing our use of renewable energy and conserving our finite supply of fossil fuels, we help protect the environment and create opportunities for economic growth.
Industrial Technology Systems Ltd (ITS), through its collaboration with ICONICS, a Microsoft® Gold Certified Partner of the Year and provider of web-enabled, industrial visualisation software for Microsoft Windows® Operating Systems, offers a range of solutions for wind farms, turbine warranty management, solar power plants, hydro electric, tidal systems, bio gas, fuel cell operation and landfill gasification:
- Asset monitoring
- Real-time condition monitoring
- Visualisation, alarming & data historian
- Mobile notifications & alerts
- OPC, Modbus, DNP, IEC61400, Web Services
- Plant operations
- GEO SCADA for 3D plant-wide supervision
- Scalable architecture with multi-vendor support
- Dynamic language switching
- Smart grid integration; IEC61850
- Enterprise management
- Role-based portal for analysis & forecasting
- Enterprise performance reporting
- Integrate financial & operational data
- Interfaces with MS SQL, SAP, Oracle, IBM
- Rich visualisation and reporting
- Rich 2D and 3D GEO SCADA visualisation and reports
- Integrated real-time and historical geographical terrain maps
- Quick overview of multiple operations and plants
- ICONICS PortalWorX™ for secure and personalised Web portal solutions
- Predictive analytics solutions
- Wind AnalytiX™, based on ICONICS’ Hyper Historian™
- with high speed performance and large data volume capability
- State-of-the-art fault detection and diagnostics technology
- Open standards connectivity
- GENESIS64 HMI/SCADA data acquisition from multiple open protocols, interfacing and normalising into a high speed data store
- Data calculation, analysis, trending, recording and visualisation using broad range of user interface applications:
- OPC Classic
- IEC 61850
If any of these topics are of interest, use the search function above by cutting and pasting the wording in to the search bar and we’ll take you to the new page on this website that covers it.
In this sector, ITS works with Scottish and Southern Energy plc, the broadest based energy company in the UK, with interests in electricity and gas production, electricity and gas distribution, electricity and gas supply and electricity and gas services.